Mandakini Coal Block Auction
Heading – Technical Due Diligence of “Mandakini-A” Coal Block for Pre-bid Assessment
A large independent power producer in India, who has already acquired some big thermal coal mines in Australia, want to take up the opportunity for winning some coal blocks in India from the auction route to feed their power plants. The approached Geovale detailed assessment of suitability of Mandakini A coal block which they selected to bid for.
Geovale carried out detail resource and reserve estimation through resource modeling software and mine pit designing and selection of operation corresponding operational cost environment and infrastructure study for Mandakini A coal block.
Geovale executed the project with three groups of experts, jointly worked on Resource, Mining and Financial model. Broadly the scope of work was:
- Resource modeling and estimation
- Selection of mining method and type of mechanization
- Ultimate pit/UG mine and arrive at extractable coal quantities with quality and after dilution
- Production capacity and phasing
- Requirement of equipment, manpower, infrastructure, utilities and washing needs.
- Logistics for transport to mine loading station
- Assessment of major environment issues, land needs
- Diversion, protection of surface features. Rehabilitation needs
- Project clearance and pre-operative work needs.
- Estimation of Capex and Opex and sensibility study
- Risk assessment