Gold Exploration in Republic of Gabon, Africa, 2017
Country: Republic of Gabon
Team Geovale has been requested to prepare a primary exploration plan for preliminary and detailed planning for gold exploration in an area located in Gabon, West Africa.
Our team carried out field due diligence at the area and based on the observations, the exploration plan was generated. The area is well known for large secondary gold deposits, which were exploited till recent past.
During the reconnaissance field visit by Geovale Team, it was also observed that the geographical location of the river beds bears the secondary gold mineralization. This belt has a favorable geological set-up for gold and other associated minerals similar to some of the large gold deposits in Australia, Canada and India.
A stage wise exploration plan was prepared by our team which included-
- Background study of the area with the help of information collected from the public domain such as Regional geological map, reports and presentations acquired from Government of Gabon etc.
- Target Selection– Multi-vector near surface studies were carried out in this stage of exploration. These vectors are geology, geophysics and geochemistry parameters.
- Prioritization of multi-vector targets for testing
- Geophysical Survey: Both Airborne and Ground Geophysical Survey were carried out
- Geochemical Survey: Pitting and Trenching, Rock chip sampling
- Target Testing: Selective pitting & trenching, Test Drilling
- Resource Definition: Wide spaced Drilling, Close spaced In-fill drilling
- Resource Estimation: Inferred Mineral Resource, Indicated Mineral Resource, Measured Mineral Resource, all according to JORC standards
- Pre-Feasibility studies: Conceptual mine planning, Geotechnical/Hydrogeological studies, Environment & Social Studies, Infrastructure, Beneficiation Study, Financial Modeling